- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) – a branch of the Department of Homeland Security, FEMA is involved in disaster relief, recovery and mitigation programs. They provide loans and grants for recovery to disaster victims.
- Oregon Emergency Management (OROEM) The purpose of the Office of Emergency Management is to execute the Governor's responsibilities to maintain an emergency services system as prescribed in ORS 401 by planning, preparing and providing for the prevention, mitigation and management of emergencies or disasters that present a threat to the lives and property of citizens of and visitors to the State of Oregon.
- Washington Emergency Management (WAOEM) Washington State Emergency Management is a Division of the Washington Military Department. The men and women of this Division are dedicated to their mission of protecting the lives and property of the people of the state, as well as preserving the environmental and the economic health of Washington.
- PandemicFlu.gov One-stop access to U.S. Government avian and pandemic flu information. Managed by the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Department of Homeland Security; ready.gov Ready.gov is a common sense framework designed to launch a process of learning about citizen preparedness. One of the primary mandates of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security is to educate the public, on a continuing basis, about how to be prepared in case of a national emergency – including a possible terrorist attack.
Not for Profit
Washington Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (WAVOAD) also bring together Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster within the State of Washington. Together, these organizations foster more effective service to people affected by disaster through cooperation, coordination, communication and collaboration. Their Vision Statement is: Leadership - Reliability - Excellence.
Oregon Volunteers! Oregon Volunteers promotes and supports AmeriCorps, volunteerism and civic engagement to strengthen Oregon communities.