Oregon Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster is not intended to be a competing agency but an umbrella organization of existing agencies. Each member organization maintains its own identity and independence yet works closely with other agencies to improve services and eliminate unnecessary duplication
ORVOAD members include:
- 211info connects the people of Oregon and Southwest Washington with the community resources they need.
- Adventist Community Services is a national, humanitarian agency involved in relief and community action programs. Sponsored by the Seventh-day Adventist Church, they provide Centers to collect and distribute food, water and needed supplies for disaster victims. They also provide and coordinate volunteer services and manage multi-agency warehouses for donated goods during times of disaster. Link to local ACS
- American Baptist Churches of Oregon is an affiliate of the American Baptist Churches-USA. They provide food, clothing and vouchers for basic emergency needs during a disaster.
- American Red Cross is a humanitarian organization providing shelter, food and clothing, casework services including medical needs and mental health services to victims of disasters. Volunteer led, their mission is to provide relief to victims of disaster and help people prevent, prepare for, and respond to emergencies. Link to local Red Cross
- Church of the Brethren provides volunteers to clean up debris and to repair or rebuild homes for disaster survivors who lack sufficient resources to hire a contractor or other paid labor.
- Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon is a statewide association of Christian denominations. They have many programs to meet basic needs such as food and shelter during a disaster.
- Episcopal Diocese of Oregon has an emergency response preparedness program to address the need for disaster planning and encourages members to take steps to provide instructions for clergy and other leaders concerning what to do and where to go in the event of a natural disaster or terrorist event.
- Lutheran Disaster Response is part of the Lutheran Community Services Northwest, a nonprofit humanitarian services agency. During a disaster they provide basic needs such a food and clothing, and services such as equipment and volunteers to assist in clean-up and rebuilding services.
- Mennonite Disaster Service is a network through which members of the Anabaptist Churches respond to those affected by disasters. Their main focus is on cleanup, repair and rebuilding homes with emphasis given to the elderly, disabled, ill, or single-parent families, using volunteer labor.
- Moses Movers is a program operated by Augustana Lutheran Church, assisting those in need of help to move belongings, and also assist with delivery of food in coordination with Oregon Food bBank
- Northwest Baptist Convention is a regional network of Baptist churches. During a disaster they provide food, clothing and basic needs assistance to victims.
- Oregon Food Bank is the hub of a statewide network of 870 hunger-relief agencies. They distribute food to 20 regional food banks across Oregon. During a disaster they collect and distribute food to victims.
- Presbyterian Disaster Assistance focuses on the long term recovery of disaster impacted communities, provides training and disaster preparedness for presbyteries and synods, works collaboratively with church partners and members of the ACT Alliance (Action by Churches Together) internationally, and nationally with other faith based responders.
- Salvation Army is an international evangelical part of the Christian Church; they provide food, water, and shelter to disaster victims and emergency workers. They also distribute cleanup supplies, coordinate volunteer rebuilding teams and set up warehouses to distribute reconstruction supplies. Link to local Salvation Army
- United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) is an international humanitarian aid organization of the United Methodist Church. They offer assistance to victims during a disaster in such areas as childcare, facilities use for shelter and counseling services.